Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hazelnut Tart! (Nutella Tart)

Alrighty,

I health-ified another dessert!

Nutella Tart was originally seen on:  http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/04/nutella-strawberry-tart/

However, I made some healthier substitutions for it!

Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
In food processor  (for the tart):  
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Jarrow Whey Protein)
1/2 cup coconut flour 
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (Bob's Old Mill)
1/4 cup sugar (yes, I used regular sugar this time, I had run out of my truvia) 
Pulse for a couple seconds, then add
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (plain)
Pulse until combined and turns into a blob (yup, that is a really great cooking term) 
Add a dash and I mean a SMALL dash of white vinegar
WALAAAA- your tart dough, I put it in my spring form pan for cheesecake, next time I think I will put it into a pie pan.
press into your pan and push it out until it fills the bottom of the pan (it is a VERY sticky dough so beware!)
BAKE: 350 for 20 mins, my oven cooks hot, next time I'd check it at 15 mins!

For the filling:
2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 cup skim milk (mix these together in a small cup and set aside)
Take 1 3/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup hazelnut spread (or Nutella, but I used the generic)
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
and whisk together on medium heat until hazelnut is melted, pump up the heat to medium/high and add in cornstarch milk, keep stirring with a spatula until it starts to boil, it will start thickening and keep it boiling for about 2 mins.

Pour homemade nutella pudding into tart, (if you can refrain from eating it!)
Put into the fridge until it is well set (at least an hour)
Right before serving, slice up strawberries and top the tart with it!

Stats:  (per serving, 8 servings for my pan) 215 Calories, 31 grams carbs, 6 grams fat, 11 grams protein, 57 mg sodium, 19 mg sugar

EAT UP!


No comments: